Google
 

Friday, August 17, 2007

TIPHow to adjust the width of your blog post

I am still a novice to blogging and an am still leaning the ropes as it were. I came across this nifty trick that I used on another blog I'm using to display java projects I do for My SCJP certification process(http://tmarajavaescapades.blogspot.com/).In this particular blog the space or width of my blog post was not enough to display the content I uploaded.After doing a Google search I cam across a method of adjusting the CSS template IT is quite straight forward.

Go to your dash board and click on the "Layout" tab and then on the "Template" tab you should then see the CSS template of your blog.. I'm sure you will be familiar with these steps, but in the spirit of trying to be through please bear with me :).
Before you do anything SAVE A COPY OF YOUR TEMPLATE in case of any mishap..
Now in your template sroll thrugh it looking for a section of the code that looks like whats given below

#main-wrapper {
background: $mainBgColor url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/corner_main.gif") no-repeat right top;
width:600px;
//
}
#main {
margin:0;
padding:15px 20px;
}
#sidebar-wrapper {
background:$sidebarBgColor url("http://www.blogblog.com/no897/corner_sidebar.gif") no-repeat left top;
width:154px;
//
}

in the above coding I've marked to lines in red these two lines set the width of your columns the one which comes under "main wrapper" is the one which controls the width of your blog You are free to set it to any amount so long as the sum of the post width and the side bar width are less than the total blog width

well after that you can experiment an dsee what works for you ..happy blogging people
Before I forget.. i should give credit to peter chen for having the original post on ow to this editing for more info GO TO HIS blog (http://blogger-tricks.blogspot.com)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish not acquiesce in on it. I over precise post. Specially the appellation attracted me to study the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.