Google
 

Monday, January 28, 2008

Sun Certified..! Thank the lord

I think in a previous post I might have discussed the fact that I was planning on doing the SCJP exam last year.. Well I finally sat for it today... And I passed !.. The relief I felt at that Particular moment was so intense its some thing one can understand only through experience . I should admit that the only reason I got around to doing it was because of my moms constant prodding to finish it, I owe her a lot for that .. but she doesn't need to know that :D..

The exam was not extremely tough and with proper and simple preparation you can probably pass with more than 75% but still after I submitted it I felt this tremendous sense of dread that I had flunked but thankfully I got through.. :). My advice for some one doing it is that like all exams a little bit of confidence can take you a long way.. and also you need not be totally into programming or software development to actually do the exam.

The afterglow off passing is fading as I type this and it is quite obvious that I cant sit on my laurels and wait. Even with my degree goiing on simply having Bsc after your name is not enough in todays highly competitive job market, I'm faced with a quandary do I continue java certifications or do I go into some other field of professional certification. Or do I wait for more free time.. each approach has its merits and demerits , figuring them out will not be easy(ahhhh the joy of growing up).
Before signing off if anyone is reading this happens to be thinking of widening their skill set .. go for it dont hold back if you have the chance the time is Now!!..

No comments: